Ice Tray Quarters
October 8, 2015, 10:37 am Comments
SUGGESTED ITEMS: Ice Tray
RECOMMENDED AMOUNT OF PLAYERS: 2-6
The object of the game is to bounce a coin usually a quarter into an ice tray. The coin must fall into one of the ice slots.Â
- Find an empty ice try (or just empty one and make a nice cocktail)
- If you have multiple players and have enough trays for each player you can play shot gun quarters where everyone can go at the same time. This game has the same rule but is faster and a lot more chaotic.
- Get everyone around a playing surface and get comfortable
- Position the ice tray perpendicular (90 degrees) from either the first player or all players. The ice tray will be positioned length wise right in front of you. Allow some room to allow the quarter to bounce.
- Determine a reasonable distance as it can affect the game
HOW TO PLAY
- Each player will try and bounce their quarter into one of the ice slots. Each slot is worth a different value of drinks
- If bounced the quarter lands in an ice slot on the right hand side of the the ice tray, you give out drinks
- If bounced the quarter lands in an ice slot on the left hand side of the the ice tray, you take drinks
- If the quarter lands anywhere else you can do a few things refer to the ADDITIONAL RULES AREA at the bottom for ideas
- If you are playing with one ice tray, you only get one chance to bounce the quarter into the ice tray. Once you have done so, your turn is over and you pass the ice tray to the next player.
SHOTGUN ICE TRAY QUARTERS MORE RULES
- Once you have bounced aÂ quarterÂ in the right hand side of the tray, shout stop. Everyone that is playing, must stop playing while the player gives out their drinks and the player awarded those drinks takes them.Â
- The play continues once the player or players finish their drinks
- You cannot bounce a quarter into the ice tray when you owe drinks
- If a quarter lands in a slot, the amount of drinks are awarded based the distance of the slot away from yourself. The first ice slot is only worth one drink and each increasing slot is worth one more(2nd slot is worth 2 drinks, 3rd slot is worth 3 drinks and so on).
- If a quarter does not land in the ice tray, take a drink
- Trick shots
- Double bounces count for double
- Bouncing it off different surfaces
- Bouncing it off someone
- Death Cup - If a quarter is bounced into someones drink, that person must finish it